Saturday 23 February 2013

Early Bird or Night Owl?


Buses at night are more comfortable, or is that just me?



Hey Guys! I have had the most amazing week. I hope you had a week at least half as amazing as I did. But anyway.

During the last week I got up early every day (it gets better, just keep reading). The reason for getting up early was that I was doing a project with one of the societies in uni (I shan’t tell you which one, I don’t know any of you). This project required me to be at uni at 8:15. This is the earliest I have ever been at uni in my LIFE. But I have found something.

I love buses in the morning! And by ‘morning’ I don’t mean school run, or going to uni. By ‘morning’ I mean being on the bus at 7 am. I love it. I can sit in my favourite seat (oh my, I can feel your judging eyes burning into me now!), you don’t get annoying businessmen who jabber into their phones, not even hyper children.

Another thing I have noticed was that a similar phenomenon (ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a little) happens in the evening. I often get the bus late in the evening (again with the judging eyes, no I don’t go clubbing THAT often). Like in the morning, I find getting the bus at night quite a relaxing environment. Barely anyone there, quiet, plus London at night looks a whole lot better than by day.

Having found this out, I ended up thinking about whether maybe I should make it a habit to get to uni earlier and leave later. But then the end of the week came (dun dun duuun). I had Friday off, and thought, you know, get up early and get some work done. Well, that did NOT happen. After getting up a 6 every day of the week, I ended up so tired that I slept ‘til ten. But you don’t care about that. But having realised how tired I got, getting up that early every day, I would die of tiredness. So I shall just have to enjoy the quietness of the bus when I get the chance.

So what have you found? Do you prefer the bus in the morning or the evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment