Friday 1 February 2013

This is me... and why can't this be my bus?



Why can't this be my bus?? Picture by Google Images
I should introduce myself before starting. I'm Anna, and I'm a teacher (well, nearly). As part of uni life, I decided to embrace the horrendous delays, extortionist amounts of money to be spent and general frustration that is public transport in London. Ok, who am I kidding? I was just too lazy to move out, and now I have to commute to uni every day. Not my best thought out idea.

Recently, I worked out that I spend 4 hours (roughly) per week on public transport. Doesn't sound much. But when coupled with the screaming babies, deaf teenagers (I don't mean literally deaf, I mean teenagers that feel the need to put their music on loudspeaker in a packed bus, and then proceed to sing along. Deaf because they can't hear how off key they are) and obnoxious bus drivers amongst others, 4 hours a week quickly become an eternity in hell.

But public transport isn't all bad. In the last year, I have witnessed random acts of kindness, friendships forming and hilarious mishaps on the bus. I love being able to sit near the back of the bus, and observe people. On that note, an quick thank you to everyone who sits on my bus in the morning, you (possibly) helped me develop my observations. It always amazes me that friendships can form so quickly on the bus, simply because they happen to be catching the same bus everyday.

What started this off?
The idea for this blog came was I was sitting (predictably) on the bus, on my way from uni. That was last year. Between then and now, I continued to think about having a blog, but it was an ICT lecture about blogs that started this off. Also, I needed to stop complaining to my family about my journeys.


So what are your experiences on public transport? Please leave a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment