Saturday 9 March 2013

Storytime


So, as you may know, I spend far too much time on the bus. This often leads to serious boredom, and consequently my mind taking me to strange places (get your mind out the gutter, not THAT weird!). Recently on the bus, I saw a rather peculiar sight:

Crime Scene?
Yes. That is real. On my way back from town, I saw a shoe casually dangling from the bus stop sign, with no sign of the person it belonged to (I’m guessing a man). Now, like so many things, that got me thinking. What happened? This shoe sparked a plethora of ideas to come to my mind. I was so preoccupied with pondering how the shoe made its way up there, that I nearly missed my stop. 

Perhaps the shoe belonged to that man, you know who I mean, the one that always stares at everyone, and someone threw him off the bus (through the window?). Or maybe it belonged to a secret agent, who had to climb out the window of the bus, to remain undetected. (ok, maybe I have an over active imagination, but the last scenario would be kind of cool.)

This story of the lost shoe, as I refer to it, has made me a lot more observant during my journeys. For example, I have only recently (aka yesterday) realised how creepy some of the houses I pass on my way to uni actually look.

Let me tell you a story. It’s a story of a house that I see on my way to uni (one of the creepy ones). When I started uni in September 2011 (it was that long ago?!), it looked pretty normal, a bit odd because there are 5 fir trees in front of it, making it look like a scene from Canada, not Greater London. But as time went by, I noticed that the curtains were always (I mean most of the time) closed. No matter what the time. That in it self isn’t weird at all, is it? When I came back from the Christmas holiday (aka 3 wonderful weeks where I did not have to take the bus!) though, the windows were boarded up with metal. That freaked me out a little. Nowadays the metal is gone, but the curtains are still drawn, and there are now dead branches piled up behind the trees, sort of like a fence. I don’t know about you guys, but I find it a little odd.

What have you noticed on your journeys? Any creepy houses along your daily commute?


1 comment:

  1. I agree Anna.
    I ride the bus often and it is fun to notice the evolution of run down houses.
    It is a little sad to see, but, atleast you aren't living in.one. Kind of makes me feel grateful to notice things like that.

    ReplyDelete